Quick Secretary's Day Gift!

With Secretary's Day coming up on Wednesday, I was going to share the post I wrote last year about how to decorate Altoid tins for gift giving, like the ones below.
But then it occurred to me, that: 1. It's kind of short notice to make those today and 2. Maybe not everyone has the craft stash that I happen to have hoarded collected over the years. Never fear, my friends! I have come up with a crafty shortcut for you! I created these cut and stick printables that will do the job quite nicely in half the time with a quarter of the work. Sound good? These would also make a nice small token for volunteers.

I happen to have family members that eat Altoids like they were candy (hey, wait...) and they save the tins for me. This explains my obsessive need to make stuff out of them. I'm currently working on plans for an outdoor fire pit...surely I have enough, right?


However, if you don't happen to have Altoid-aholics living among you, these labels are perfect for an actual full tin of mints. Just a little something from you to the ladies in the office who make our lives so much easier. Here's a little glimpse of the finished product.
All you have to do is cut them out and glue them on. I highly recommend running them through a Xyron machine (my loyal readers will remember that I have a serious craft crush on that thing) but if you don't have a Xyron, try a tape runner like this that you can pick up in any craft store or double sided tape. I haven't tried glue stick, but in my experience, it's not the best. You can also try to print them on self adhesive paper like this. I'm not a mod podge chick, but you can certainly give that a whirl if you are so inclined.

Another tip: Print them on regular copy paper, not card stock. The heavier the paper, the harder it will be to get the edges to stick down. I made labels to match the spearmint and wintergreen flavors. The traditional red just wasn't doing it for me.
Click on the picture above to get your copy. Happy Crafting, peeps!

Photobucket




19 comments

  1. Ah, this will be so great! thank you so much!!!


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea and MY WORD!!!! You have quite the altoid stash!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that that's only about a quarter of the real stash. My in-laws and niece have very fresh breath. ha!

      Delete
  3. Love this idea! And it's so-o-o super simple! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I've actually got an idea for another cute one, hopefully I can get it posted in the next few days! :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh, those are good! Way to go Denise! You creativity is astounding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! I love when my teacher-self and my inner craft diva get to collaborate together :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Denise! I lovvvee your blog!!!! I have a question or favor to ask of you! I really wanted to make another set of these for my husband's secretary. Is there any way you could make a set for just a general office rather than school office?? I know it's kind of last minute! I would gladly do it, but I doubt you want to send the template! Thanks so much for everything you do!!! I too am a florida teacher :) Seminole County. eden_capps@scps.k12.fl.us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    Your email address doesn't seem to be working. Email me at ShopSunnyDays@me.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these were so cute and so easy to make! I took them to school today along with some lanyards I had made and the secretaries all thought I was so clever :) thanks for making me look good (MANY times this week! LOL)... I so appreciate YOU!! Hope you know that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to tell you last week, but I gave these to my secretaries and they LOVED them! Thank you for sharing this freebie!

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your post. I'm thinking ahead to teacher appreciation week. My son is in high school and something like this would be great for him to give to his teachers both male and female.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea and have already located the Altoid mints. I was wondering if there is a way I can possibly enlarge them to fit the bigger containers of Altoids? I am in charge of Teacher Appreciation this year for the whole week! I have around 70 teachers/support staff that I want them to feel totally pampered and special by the end of the week. :-) Thanks for all your great ideas you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable! Since not everyone can be as creative/crafty, LoveToTeach.com has secretary gifts that can be personalized and they're so versatile that they could be glued on to the mint tins. Or, the personalized gifts are so inexpensive that they could be given in addition to the Altoids. Here are some details on those projects: http://blog.lovetoteach.com/show-your-school-secretary-you-care-on-april-24/

    with all these good ideas, I'm looking forward to celebrating Secretary's Day this year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top