I'm tagged

Hoo Doggie! I have got to be honest. This is one of the longest tag-things I've ever seen! I have tons to tell you all about my trip to FETC and some other cool stuff coming up, but I'm going to play tag first because it's just not nice to say no when you've been  asked to play. (And then I  hope no one else will tag me. ha!)

I've been tagged by Gina at:


and Krystal at:

Ok, if you want to hear some fascinating facts about me, keep reading. First here are the "rules":



1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

12 Facts About Me 
(I've done these things a few times, I'm gonna see if I can come up with some new stuff. 
This might take me a while)

1. I have had fake nails since I was sixteen. I haven't seen my real nails in many, many years. I get them done so short, I'm sure my nail lady wonders why the heck I even bother. I also have my toenails done at all times. Remember I live in South Florida and flip-flops.

2. I can't stand wearing jewelry. I usually wear the same small little earrings and my wedding ring and they are the first things off as soon as I get home.

3. I wish I never had to wear a bra. ever. But I will not ever go out without one. ever.

4. I just bought my first pair of Spanx. What the what? Are these people serious? I prefer to be able to pee and breathe pretty regularly, thankyouverymuch.

5. I have gained and lost and gained about 100 pounds over the past 6 years. Yeah. It sucks. 

6. My sisters' names are Diane and Debi and most of the family always referred to us as "The Three D's".  For the longest time I thought that all brothers and sisters names had to start with the same letter. 

7. I distinctly remember the first time I wrote my own name. I was crying because I couldn't do it and my Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Norris, handed me my coffee can from the cubby that had my name on it. She told me I could copy it from the can. And I did!

8. I also distinctly remember throwing up after eating pumpkin pie in that same Kindergarten class. You gotta take the good with the bad, I guess. 

9. Tuesday night was the best TV night ever when I was growing up. Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Three's Company, Too Close for Comfort (and then Hart to Hart which I had to sneak a peek on my little black &  white tv in my bedroom). Yup, I totally remember that.

10. I think I'm allergic to alcohol. If I drink one sip of wine, I start burning up. My face gets red and I start sweating like a beast. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I'm trying to learn to power through it. lol!

11. When I was 11, I got hit by a car as I was riding my bike home from school. It was the same day as the school Valentine's Day dance.  I still managed to make it to the dance even with a broken arm!

12. I think I'm pretty seriously addicted to technology. I have seriously found myself scrolling through my fb page on my phone in one hand my looking at Pinterest on my laptop. Oh, come on. You know you've done it too! (right?)


Here are 12 questions to answer:
1. What subject do you like to teach the most? I seriously can't answer this one. I like lots of things about all of the subjects. That's why I make a good elementary teacher.

2. What is your favorite drink? Iced venti 4 pump vanilla late w/ light ice.

3. What is one piece of advice you have for a new teacher? Remember that one day YOU will be the veteran teacher, and it will happen before you know it. 

4. What is your favorite teaching website/or blog? I can't answer that on the grounds that the answer may incriminate me (and plus I have too many blog buds that whose feelings I don't want to hurt)

5. What is your favorite type of music? I'm pretty eclectic. Love me some Adele, smooth jazz, huge Billy Joel fan, some Daughtry, 80's music, Darius Rucker, Zac Brown Band....see?

6. What is one of your guilty pleasures? Ghiardeli caramel squares 

7. What type of books do you like to read? I've been ruined by The Hunger Games. Nothing matches up.

8. What are some of your hobbies? crafting, blogging, avoiding cleaning.

9. What is something you do to stay organized in terms of grading/lesson planning/copies for school/etc.? I put a yellow "O" on all of my original copies with a highlighter. That way I can spot mine right away and it doesn't copy on the kids' pages.

10. What is your favorite snack? Pretty much anything. See #5 above.

11. What was your favorite vacation? We spent 21 days traveling all through California one summer a few years ago. Loved it.


12. How did your husband propose? (I love hearing these stories!) At Disney World on Thanksgiving between the parade and fireworks. awww...

Ok. This is incredibly long already, so for my 12 questions, let's just use the same ones above. And ready, set, tag. You're it:



Photobucket




6 comments

  1. I like that highlighted "o"- very smart!

    I use punch a hole in the top right corner of my papers so that I don't give away my original:)
    And I love those caramel squares too!!!!
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I DO remember those Tuesday nights. I would get so excited at the intro to Happy Days at the restaurant with Richie, Potsie and Ralph and Fonzie. Magic!

    Wishing you a happy week...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise! I sent you an email about tomorrow's giveaway for the Teacher Blogger Exchange - Valentine Exchange. Just checking to make sure you got it! Thanks!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading through these answers!!! I can't believe you made it to the dance after being hit by a car. WOW! I might have stayed home!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top